Saturday, 27 September 2008

Odyssey


Among your assignments (again) you will be reading (or re-reading for the more classically trained of you) the Odyssey. In order to make the Odyssey less of an odyssey, I'm once again posting some useful links (which, take care, can not substitute for the actual reading of Homer's exquisite poetry).

General Information and Summaries
Translations
Of course, if you are more old-fashioned and you want to have the real thing, buying it will certainly do your soul some good.

2 comments:

Solomon's Mindfield said...

Hi Fabio-great idea to run this blog. Hopefully it wont detract students too much.

FYI: the link to the BBC audio file does not seem to work. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/inourtime/inourtime_20030206.shtml%20%28Click%20%27Listen%20Again%27%29

Please let me know if the email account that i am following you from is ok. It is my 'revolution@soas.ac.uk' which i set up my own blog with.

I really think this year is going to be a good (but probably hard) one-i look forward to studying with you all.

See you soon...Clare

Fabio said...

I'll check the BBC thing now.

I've just sent you the invitation to join the blog: check your email, once you accept you are in :)

Thanks for joining so quickly.
Actually, i am a bit surprised that your SOAS account works also as a blogger account...
I'll make some experiments with my own old student one to see if it works.

See you soon,

F