The MA's were divided into two groups this week to play around with the idea of self representation in language and how 'myths' can be created using similar language but for very different purposes. Perhaps an illustration of the ways in which meaning is created through interpretation both by 'creator' and reader:
The religionists in the MA course have a very narrow specialisation (with a focus particularly on dead-languages) for the purposes of examinining diverse and heterogeneous phenomenons which become universalised and totalised under their 'objective' gaze. The discipline of which they are a part is closed and does not engage with discourses going on outside of their specialisation, preventing the authority of their discipline from coming under scrutiny.
I hope that the other group blogs theirs up soon, as otherwise this looks like some random abuse of all you SoR bods ;-p
Sunday, 19 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oops, sorry! First ever blog contribution. i wondered why it didn't work the first time I did it! never mind, double the contribution.
Hi Holly,
I erased the wrong one, so now it's all fine :)
Post a Comment