I suppose that I took the structuralist approach to this one – being a big fan of Barthes. I used the title ‘Repeated Themes’ to demonstrate the re-use and reshaping of similar themes throughout history. Nothing is original, it is only perhaps arranged in a different order making it take on perhaps a different meaning.
I did not create my own material for my themes I simply pouched and edited for my own uses material that was already their, conveniently available. Some of the clips you will recognise from popular culture and perhaps previous culturally and historical assigned meaning to them. Other clips are home videos and you are able to assign your own meaning according to your own context to them. Of course it everything is always according to your own constructed context. Not all of the screams are horror but it you may think they are when placed under a certain ‘theme’.
Sunday, 22 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment