Sunday, 12 October 2008

Hungarian Myths

Well done to Jonathon for identifying two out of three of the Hungarian Myths posted last week. The third one was an image of the myth of Csaba son of Attila the Hun who will return one day (via the Milkyway!) to save the Hungarian nation at their time of greatest peril!
Keep an eye out for Mystery Myths part II!

1 comment:

Jonathon O'Donnell said...

Can I have 2/3 of the prize? ;-P

What is it with ancient national heroes returning to save the nation in a time of great peril? (And for that matter what defines 'time of great peril'?) The Hungarians have Csaba, the English have King Arthur, heck, Shi'ite Muslims have Muhammad al-Mahdi the 12th Imam, and Jesus (two is a bit cheap, me thinks). If I wanted to be a universalist I could call it the 'Second Advent' Archetype. :P