Sunday, 26 October 2008

MA Tutorial Group Activity – Positive Group

Firstly, apologies to Holly for the late response to her post, this will be the first time that I have used a blog and (being the technophobe that I am) I have had to gear myself up to do it.

In the tutorial I was paired with Jonathon and we were set the task of critiquing the scholarship of Holly and Jenny in a positive way. Without reiterating what Holly has said, the exercise was an example of the ways in which myth is constructed as a category. Here is what Jonathon and I came up with…

“The scholarship of Holly and Jenny is one of cutting edge genius. Their academia addresses the reassessment of contemporary issues spanning the globe, from the UK to South Asia. Their field of study allows for the de-construction of the errors of the past, creating a new, self-reflexive, insight that is vital for understanding the controversies of modern life today. Their work is breaking boundaries, with a particular focus towards championing feminism. Studying at SOAS encourages these two mavericks to flourish within a pioneering academic institution.”

4 comments:

Paranoid Android said...

Sounds wikkid! Is a lowly undergrad allowed to have further access to what was presented or is it strictly hardcore MA stuff only?! Appears v relevant to my next essay in myth & mythmaking.

Elizabeth said...

Hello... umm, yes I (and I'm sure the other MA students too) wouldn't mind talking through with you what happened in the seminar. It wasn't that exciting but if you think you'd find it helpful then it's not a problem. Just grab any one of us before/after the lecture.

P.S. It took me ages to work out how to post this comment and I hope I've done it right. (ek!).

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth
Thanks for that - would you mind saying Hi at the next lecture as I don't believe i've yet had the pleasure of meeting you! I'm the mouthy one with the salt n pepa goatee! :) Have a groovy reading week!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, I'll be sure to say hello at the next lecture.